Skip to main content

True Blood Season Finale!

Photo Source:  truebloodnet.com

Sam is unhinged, Jessica and Hoyt are shacking up, Terry is emotional, Lafayette is hallucinating, Jesus is a witch, Russell is in deep shit, Jason continues to be gullible, Tara cut her hair, Eric and Pam continue to be badasses, Bill is good, no Bill is bad, no, Bill is good and Sookie is glittery.

And that pretty much sums up how season three ended.  I, for one, was somewhat disappointed.  It's the season finale, people.  It should blow me away, make me frustrated at the thought of waiting another six months or so for the next season.  And yet . . . I am underwhelmed. 

First, I am over Tara.  In a major way.  Girlfriend needs therapy at least as far as her choices with boyfriends go.  And heck, friends too.  Don't forget, she hooked up with Mary Anne and brought that crazy bitch into Sookie's home and has yet to truly apologize to Sookie for the total trash job on Gran's house.  Unforgivable!  Her new haircut is cute although all I could think of was that I hoped she cleaned that hair up from Sookie's bathroom.

Jason is a male bimbo and I will always love him for that but I am not feeling this Crystal thing.  Don't like her, never will.  And the werepanther thing?  Don't care.  Show me an episode with nothing but a shirtless Jason washing the cop cars and I'm good but enough with the white trash werepanther crackheads, please.

Sam has done a complete 180 from last season - - but I like it.  Who would have guessed that prior to Merlotte's he was a cold blooded con man?  Did he really shoot Tommy?  I'm thinking he did, but maybe in the ass?  Who knows - - could have been a warning shot, could have been a shot to the head.  We just don't know with Sam these days, and that keeps him interesting.  Far more interesting than Bill anyhow.

I continue to adore Terry for the emotional mess he is.  Arlene is lucky to have him.

I used to like Bill . . . well, back in Season One.  I almost wish Alan Ball would make Bill go to the dark side and stay there because he's dangerously close to being mind numbingly boring at all times (the cardinal sin of t.v.)  I'm glad that "SooooookEH" found out about Bill's dirty little secrets but the back and forth ("I love you!  I hate you, Bill Compton!") every season is exhausting.  I did, however, thoroughly enjoy the eyefucking that went on between Bill and Alcide, as Eric pointed out.  Reminded me of Eric and Bill's shopping trip to WalMart earlier, to buy Jessica appropriate clothes.  Good times. 

Thank God for Jessica and Hoyt because they keep the show interesting and fun.  I'm guessing the freaky doll lying on the floor of the house is a sign that Jessica and Hoyt aren't going to be the Cleavers or anything. 
Has Bill spent more than ten minutes with Jessica this season?  As she said before, Bill is the worst maker ever.

Russell was funny, even though he looked as though he had been stuck in the toaster indefinitely.  I knew Eric wouldn't be burned to (true) death but I thought maybe Russell might go.  I'm sure he will be back, and thoroughly pissed.  At Bill, at Eric and especially at Sookie for pouring Talbot down the disposal.  Which act, by the way, Sookie acted more passionate and excited about than practically anything this season.

Eric continues to be my favorite vamp.  He and Pam are priceless together.  I am sure that Eric will be none too happy to realize that Bill ordered Pam eliminated.  And I do think Eric was being truthful at upsetting Sookie, although no idea why he is so fascinated with her. 

Don't care about Queen Sophie Anne, never have and never will.  She can leave now.

I actually liked Sookie for this episode because she wasn't a whiny, helpless, spineless twit.  Girlfriend actually had some balls and wasn't afraid to use them. Although I must admit that I really didn't understand what happened when she joined the fairy convention and "bright light! bright light!"  Was she zapped into an alternate reality?  Is she in acting school?  Will she come back cured of her Bill fixation? 

I suppose we will have to wait until next season to find out.  What do you think?  A season finale of win or fail? 


Photo Source:  theblackboxtalks.files.wordpress.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Melissa, the Queen Bridezilla

The lovely Melissa Photo Source:  WETV.com So I was channel surfing last night and ended up having a good two (okay, maybe three) hours of my life drained by WE's bridal bitchfest Bridezillas .  I realize the point of the show is to showcase what out of control hags some women are when planning their weddings but Miss Melissa really takes the cake.  First, she claims to be 23 and I always find it interesting that most of these chicks look older than they claim to be.  I'd like to see a birth certificate before I agree to that.  She also claims to be in medical school, which is really funny considering (1) Melissa seems to have an awful lot of free time on her hands, to bitch, whine, complain and threaten to kill people and (2) for someone who claims to want a career saving lives, she sure talks about taking a lot of them.  (Case in point:  Melissa, concerned that she won't be happy with her wedding cake, tells the camera that if the baker screws it up, she will kill h

Lisa Cuddy: The Most Unprofessional Administrator of All Time

"When you bend over, I can see your IUD."  Gregory House, M.D. Let me begin by saying I love House.  I love Hugh Laurie.  I love Wilson.  I love Robert Sean Leonard.  I don't, however, love Lisa Cuddy.  I'm not sure where to begin but I know where it will always end up.  Her fricking attire.  Cuddy is supposed to be the administrator of a huge, well-respected hospital in Princeton, New Jersey.  And yet she dresses in too tight skirts with too tight and too low cut blouses and sweaters like she's auditioning for a Hot for Teacher video.   If I walked into a hospital and saw someone dressed like that I would assume either a) she's a stripper who suffered a slip and fall from the pole at work, b) she's an "enterprising" legal assistant/paralegal who is sleeping with her boss who is representing said stripper over the said slip and fall or c) she's a hospital receptionist who is looking to bag a wealthy doctor.  Okay, maybe a bit extreme

Bitch, Please: Toddlers & Tiaras

Okay, so I watched Toddlers & Tiaras this week.  Had heard about it, heard in the past that it was a pedophile's dream show, how they exploited kids, blah, blah, blah.  I was channel surfing and there was nothing else on so I stopped.  And watched.  Stunned. Do parents like these really exist?  WTF is wrong with them?  And how on earth does a 2 month old baby win a pageant?  The least amount of drool?  Best pacifier?  Carried the best by parent?  I'm confused.  But I digress. Apparently the format is that each episode follows several kids and their severely in need of therapy parental units as they prepare for and then compete in some type of child's beauty pageant, with the end of the show being the crowning of the winners. This episode of T&T  begins with the unforunately named Brystol of Lexington, South Carolina who is 18 months old and has supposedly won top prize in every pageant she has competed in.  Before you snort and wonder how many pageants she